Why use toxic and potentially harmful chemicals to control pests when chemical-free methods are equally effective - and much cheaper!
This book contains everything you need to know to make pests unwelcome in your home - from ants, cockroaches, silverfish, slugs and snails, cane toads, rats, rabbits and foxes through to common household dust mites, bacteria, mildew and mould.
Robin Stewart's Chemical Free Pest Control introduces simple, effective and chemical-free alternatives - citronella oil, borax, soap, pyrethrum, vinegar, eucalyptus oil, bicarb soda, cloves and many more. Its household, pet care and garden procedures are extremely easy to follow, economical and environmentally-friendly.
By treating pests yourself, rather than resorting to expensive professionals, you can decide what method or product is used and how much.
Tips for a pesticide-free modern home include:
Robin Stewart is the author of the best-selling titles Chemical Free Home; Chemical Free Pest Control; Australian Green Home & Garden; Tread Lightly and From Seeds to Leaves. She is a former sufferer of chemical sensitivity whose writing has grown out of her mission to eliminate harmful chemicals from her life.
- Moths cannot tolerate cloves, so scatter them in your wardrobe.
- Cockroaches are repelled by Epsom salts, or killed by sprinkling borax powder in crevices, corners and dark places.
- Head lice are readily eliminated using hair conditioner or mineral oil rather than toxic chemicals.
- Ants are deterred with eucalyptus oil and killed with bait made up of equal parts borax and jam.
- Possums will stay away from your favourite plants if you sprinkle blood and bone around or spray with quassia.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Black Inc.|
|Date published: || 2002|
|ISBN: ||9781921866166 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|