For more than two decades Australia has not only prospered without a recession but has achieved a higher growth rate than any Western country. This achievement has been credited to Australia's historic shift to Asia; the transformation of the relationship between these two countries is one of the most important changes in the Asia-Pacific region. However, the role of new Chinese migrants in transforming Sino-Australian relations through their entrepreneurial activities has not been deeply explored. Chinese Migrant Entrepreneurship in Australia from the 1990s adds new theoretical considerations and empirical evidence to a growing interest in entrepreneurship, and presents an account of a group of new Chinese migrant entrepreneurs who have succeeded in their business ventures significantly contributing to both Australia and China. The first chapter introduces the history between Australia and China, followed by chapters focusing on post-migration realities, economic opportunities, Chinese outbound tourism and the use of community media. The final chapter concludes with a summary.
- Focuses on the people whose entrepreneurial activities have spread across industries and facilitated trade and cultural contacts
- Analyses the experiences of the new migrants from China
- Offers evidence that challenges outdated but still widely held assumptions about ethnic Chinese entrepreneurs
- Presents longitudinal research on the new Chinese migrant community in Australia since the late 1980's
- Demonstrates a dynamic process that challenges the overemphasis on the impact of globalisation on Chinese entrepreneurs
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Chandos Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006769903 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|