Clinical Applications for Next Generation Sequencing provides readers with an outstanding postgraduate resource to learn about the translational use of NGS in clinical environments.
Rooted in both medical genetics and clinical medicine, the book fills the gap between state-of-the-art technology and evidence-based practice, providing an educational opportunity for users to advance patient care by transferring NGS to the needs of real-world patients.
The book builds an interface between genetic laboratory staff and clinical health workers to not only improve communication, but also strengthen cooperation. Users will find valuable tactics they can use to build a systematic framework for understanding the role of NGS testing in both common and rare diseases and conditions, from prenatal care, like chromosomal abnormalities, up to advanced age problems like dementia.
- Fills the gap between state-of-the-art technology and evidence-based practice
- Provides an educational opportunity which advances patient care through the transfer of NGS to real-world patient assessment
- Promotes a practical tool that clinicians can apply directly to patient care
- Includes a systematic framework for understanding the role of NGS testing in many common and rare diseases
- Presents evidence regarding the important role of NGS in current diagnostic strategies
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006803935 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|