Existing coastal management and defense approaches are not well suited to meet the challenges of climate change and related uncertanities. Professionals in this field need a more dynamic, systematic and multidisciplinary approach. Written by an international group of experts, Coastal Risk Management in a Changing Climate provides innovative, multidisciplinary best practices for mitigating the effects of climate change on coastal structures. Based on the Theseus program, the book includes eight study sites across Europe, with specific attention to the most vulnerable coastal environments such as deltas, estuaries and wetlands, where many large cities and industrial areas are located.
- Integrated risk assessment tools for considering the effects of climate change and related uncertainties
- Presents latest insights on coastal engineering defenses
- Provides integrated guidelines for setting up optimal mitigation measures
- Provides directly applicable tools for the design of mitigation measures
- Highlights socio-economic perspectives in coastal mitigation
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||47.4 MB|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||2370006307556 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|