The Must-Have Guide to Humor Writing
Bring on the funny! With Comedy Writing Secrets 3rd Edition, you can discover the secrets of humor writing that will keep your readers rolling in their seats. Learn the basics of joke construction, as well as in-depth comedy-writing techniques that you can apply to a variety of print and online markets. If your aim is to make 'em laugh--and make a career in comedy writing--then look no further.
In this completely revised and refreshed edition, you'll discover:
For more than twenty years, Comedy Writing Secrets has helped humor writers of all skill levels write and sell their work. With Comedy Writing Secrets 3rd Edition, you'll be laugh-out-loud funny and leave readers wanting more.
- Hundreds of updated one-liners, anecdotes, and bits from top comedians like Louis C.K., Conan O??Brien, Tina Fey, Amy Schumer, Rodney Dangerfield, Jon Stewart, Steve Martin, Ellen DeGeneres, Jimmy Fallon, George Carlin, Zach Galifianakis, Stephen Colbert, Erma Bombeck, and more.
- Exclusive tips for injecting humor into articles, speeches, advertisements, greeting cards, and more.
- New instruction on writing for online markets and social media.
- Advice on brainstorming and editing to beat writer's block and generate new material.
- Exercises and expanded instructions for exaggeration, reverses, word play and more to practice and refine your writing skills.
|Size: ||400 KB|
|Publisher: ||Writers Digest Books|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781599639635 (EPUB)|