This is the eBook version of the print title. The eBook edition does not provide access to the test engine and practice test that accompanies the print book.
This is the perfect study guide to help you pass CompTIA???s new A+? 220-901 and 220-902 exams. It provides coverage and practice questions for every exam topic, including substantial new coverage of Windows 8/8.1, new PC hardware, tablets, smartphones, OS X, Linux, cloud computing, and professional-level networking and security. Extensive prep tools include quizzes, Exam Alerts, our great last-minute Cram Sheet, and two full practice exams in the ebook. You??ll also find ten exclusive Real World Scenario case studies, all linked to simulations or video posted to the book website!
Covers the critical information you??ll need to know to score higher on your A+ 220-901 and 220-902 exams!
- Deploy and manage desktops and notebooks running Windows 8.1/8, 7, Vista, OS X, or Linux
- Master and practice the six-step A+ troubleshooting process
- Understand, install, configure, and troubleshoot motherboards, CPUs, and memory
- Test and troubleshoot power-related problems
- Use all forms of storage, including SSDs, Blu-ray devices, and RAID systems
- Work effectively with mobile devices, including iOS, Android, and Windows tablets and smartphones
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot both visible and internal laptop components
- Configure Windows components and applications, use Windows administrative tools, and optimize Windows systems
- Repair damaged Windows environments and boot errors
- Work with audio and video subsystems, I/O devices, and new peripherals
- Install and manage both local and network printers
- Understand and work with networks, network hardware, wireless protocols, and cloud technologies
- Install and configure SOHO wired/wireless networks and troubleshoot connectivity
- Secure desktops and mobile devices, implement authentication methods, prevent malware attacks, and protect data
David L. Prowse is an author, computer network specialist, and technical trainer. As a consultant, he installs and secures the latest computer and networking technologies. He gladly answers questions at www.davidlprowse.com.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||25.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Pearson IT Certification|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134391496 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|