Core Java? has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and reference for experienced programmers who want to write robust Java code for real-world applications. Now, Core Java?, Volume I??"Fundamentals, Tenth Edition, has been extensively updated to reflect the most eagerly awaited and innovative version of Java in years: Java SE 8. Rewritten and reorganized to illuminate new Java SE 8 features, idioms, and best practices, it contains hundreds of example programs??"all carefully crafted for easy understanding and practical applicability.
Writing for serious programmers solving real-world problems, Cay Horstmann helps you achieve a deep understanding of the Java language and library. In this first volume of the two-volume work, Horstmann focuses on fundamental language concepts and the foundations of modern user interface programming. You??ll find in-depth coverage of topics ranging from Java object-oriented programming to generics, collections, lambda expressions, Swing UI design, and the latest approaches to concurrency and functional programming. This guide will help you
- Leverage your existing programming knowledge to quickly master core Java syntax
- Understand how encapsulation, classes, and inheritance work in Java
- Master interfaces, inner classes, and lambda expressions for functional programming
- Improve program robustness with exception handling and effective debugging
- Write safer, more readable programs with generics and strong typing
- Use pre-built collections to collect multiple objects for later retrieval
- Master concurrent programming techniques from the ground up
- Build modern cross-platform GUIs with standard Swing components
- Deploy configurable applications and applets, and deliver them across the Internet
- Simplify concurrency and enhance performance with new functional techniques
If you??re an experienced programmer moving to Java SE 8, Core Java?, Tenth Edition, will be your reliable, practical companion??"now and for many years to come.
Look for the companion volume, Core Java?, Volume II??"Advanced Features, Tenth Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-417729-8), for coverage of Java 8 streams, input and output, XML, databases, annotations, and other advanced topics.
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||41.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Prentice Hall|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780134177359 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|