Write authentic dialogue that invigorates your story!
Exceptional dialogue isn't just important when writing fiction--it's essential. In order to impress an agent or editor and keep readers turning pages, you need to deliver truly standout dialogue in every scene. Crafting Dynamic Dialogue will give you the techniques and examples you need to impress your readers.
This book is a comprehensive guide to writing compelling dialogue that rings true. Each section is packed with advice and instruction from best-selling authors and instructors like Nancy Kress, Elizabeth Sims, Steven James, Deborah Halverson, James Scott Bell, Donald Maass, Cheryl St. John, and many others. They'll show you how to:
Whether you're writing flash fiction, a short story, or a novel-length manuscript, Crafting Dynamic Dialogue will help you develop, write, and refine dialogue to keep your readers hooked.
- Bend the rules to create a specific effect
- Understand the role of dialogue in reader engagement
- Use dialect and jargon effectively
- Give every character a believable, unique voice
- Set the pace and tone
- Reveal specific character background details
- Generate tension and suspense
- Utilize internal dialogue
|Size: ||588 KB|
|Publisher: ||Writers Digest Books|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781440345586 (EPUB)|