Those tasked with investigating crime scenes come from a variety of backgrounds and varying levels of experience. Crime Scene Investigation Procedural Guide gives the novice investigator the procedures for almost any crime scene imaginable while providing the seasoned pro a ready reference for crimes occurring even under the most unusual of circumstances. Designed as a stand-alone text or as a companion to Ross Gardner's Practical Crime Scene Investigation, the book details the precise steps that need to be taken when processing and analyzing a crime scene.
Using a bulleted format for quick, easy access, the authors provide hands-on, concise instruction in a style friendly to a range of professionals. Topics discussed in this practical manual include:
- Preparation for response, initial response, scene management, and scene evaluation/analysis
- Scene photography, videography, sketching, and search and processing procedures
- Steps to be taken prior to releasing the scene
- Response, documentation, processing, and collection of evidence for specific crimes against persons and property
- Evaluation, processing, collection, and preservation of all items of evidence encountered at the scene, including friction ridge evidence, two- and three-dimensional impression evidence, and trace and biological evidence
- Bloodstain pattern documentation and shooting incident documentation
Appendices include direction on working with potential blood-borne pathogens and worksheets for documenting and evaluating the scene and processing various types of evidence. A supplemental CD is included with downloadable forms for crime scene investigations. Adherence to the instructions provided in this guide will help ensure investigators that vital evidence is properly documented and preserved.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||23.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781466557550 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|