Speed progress payments, reduce claims, andincrease profitability using the Critical Path Method
Critical Path Method (CPM) Tutor for Construction Planning and Scheduling explains the practical application of the CPM and guides you through each step of the process-from planning and communication to deciding payment and/or claims. The book focuses on the Arrow Diagram Method and the Precedence Diagram Method, the two most widely used scheduling methods.
A sample project for planning a mid-rise building applies the concepts presented in the book. Hands-on exercises and discussions illustrate how to create schedules from activity lists. The effective and consistent use of the techniques introduced in this detailed guide will allow you to:
- Reduce progress payment disputes and speed progress payment
- Plan resources for maximum productivity
- Predict owner-caused and weather delays
- Develop "get well" plans for projects that fall behind
- Correctly update progress, including out-of-sequence activities
- Meet contracts requiring CPM schedules
- Evaluate change and claim impacts; develop admissible documentation
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||McGraw-Hill Professional|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9780071849241 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|