About This Book
- Create standard user interfaces on Windows Mobile, Android, and iOS and then make those interfaces look good with ease
- Design a full-blown application in very little time with just about the entire code being shared
- Learn how to access platform-specific features and still have the same core code with this handy guide
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for mobile software developers who are fed up with having three different code sets for the same application. If you want to put your code on all mobile platforms with minimum fuss, and just want to develop but haven't got the time to be digging too far into a particular platform, this is the book for you. Some basic knowledge of C# is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Create a responsive UI, modified to suit the target platform
- Understand the basics of designing an application, and the considerations needed for target platforms
- Construct a complete app using a single codebase
- Develop attractive user interfaces
- Bind information to the backend code to generate a reactive application
- Design an effective Portable Class Library (PCL)
- Include a Windows Mobile application within your standard Xamarin.
- Extend your applications using the Xamarin.
Forms Labs library
Xamarin provides a developer with tools to develop effective mobile solutions using the .NET framework. Part of the toolchain is an IDE called Xamarin Studio. Even if you use the Xamarin toolchain, you will still need three different user interface construction sets.
This book will show you, with fully-coded examples, how to use both the Xamarin toolchain and the Xamarin.
Forms library to code for three platforms at once. It goes from the concept and design of an application to its execution. You will be introduced to common application features such as push notifications, UI, maps, databases, and web services. Next, you will learn to plan the UI using Xamarin.
Forms for cross-mobile platform development, and move on to creating custom buttons, extending the UI, and connecting to social sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799511 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|