Culturally Adapting Psychotherapy for Asian Heritage Populations: An Evidence-Based Approach provides insights on how research on psychotherapy, an area that is most often done on non-ethnic minority populations, can be related to minority clients.
The book's author, Dr. Hwang, developed the first evidence based culturally adapted treatment for Asian populations which is comprehensively discussed in this book, including treatments for depression that are complemented with concrete examples throughout the book. In addition, the book further discusses how culturally adaptive techniques can be applied for treatment of other disorders in other ethnic populations.
- Summarizes psychotherapy research indicating underrepresentation of ethnic minorities
- Describes the first evidence based culturally adapted treatment for Asians
- Provides concrete examples of adapted psychotherapy in practice
- Clarifies how this treatment can be further adapted to other ethnic minorities
- Highlights how this depression specific treatment can be applied to other disorders
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||15.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007453122 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|