About This Book
- Create formulas to help you analyze and explain findings
- Develop interactive spreadsheets that will impress your audience and give them the ability to slice and dice data
- A step-by-step guide to learn various ways to model data for businesses with the help of Excel 2013
Who This Book Is For
If you want to start using Excel 2013 for data analysis and business modeling and enhance your skills in the data analysis life cycle, then this book is for you, whether you're new to Excel or an experienced user.
What You Will Learn
- Discover what Excel formulas are all about and how to use them in your spreadsheet development
- Learn the strategies to deal with bad data
- Stop making boring spreadsheets and learn how to create interactive and visually stunning spreadsheets
- Leverage Excel's powerful built-in tools to get the median, maximum, and minimum values of your data
- Build impressive tables and combine datasets using Excel's built-in functionalities
- Learn Excel's powerful scripting language VBA and create your own custom solutions with ease
Excel 2013 is one of the easiest data analysis tools you will ever come across. Complex operations with Excel, such as creating charts and graphs, visualization, and analyzing data, make it a great tool for managers, data scientists, financial data analysts, and those who work closely with data. This book starts by walking you through creating your own data and bringing data into Excel from various sources. You'll learn the basics of SQL syntax and how to connect it to a Microsoft SQL Server database using Excel's data connection tools. You will discover how to spot bad data and learn strategies to clean that data to make it useful to you. Next, you'll learn how to create custom columns, identify key metrics, and make decisions based on business rules. You'll create macros using VBA and use Excel 2013's shiny new macros. Finally, you'll be provided with useful shortcuts and tips, enabling you to carry out efficient data analysis and business modeling with Excel 2013.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Packt Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781785284038 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|