Data Breach Preparation and Response: Breaches are Certain, Impact is Not is the first book to provide 360 degree visibility and guidance on how to proactively prepare for and manage a data breach and limit impact. Data breaches are inevitable incidents that can disrupt business operations and carry severe reputational and financial impact, making them one of the largest risks facing organizations today. The effects of a breach can be felt across multiple departments within an organization, who will each play a role in effectively managing the breach. Kevvie Fowler has assembled a team of leading forensics, security, privacy, legal, public relations and cyber insurance experts to create the definitive breach management reference for the whole organization.
- Discusses the cyber criminals behind data breaches and the underground dark web forums they use to trade and sell stolen data
- Features never-before published techniques to qualify and discount a suspected breach or to verify and precisely scope a confirmed breach
- Helps identify your sensitive data, and the commonly overlooked data sets that, if stolen, can result in a material breach
- Defines breach response plan requirements and describes how to develop a plan tailored for effectiveness within your organization
- Explains strategies for proactively self-detecting a breach and simplifying a response
- Covers critical first-responder steps and breach management practices, including containing a breach and getting the scope right, the first time
- Shows how to leverage threat intelligence to improve breach response and management effectiveness
- Offers guidance on how to manage internal and external breach communications, restore trust, and resume business operations after a breach, including the critical steps after the breach to reduce breach-related litigation and regulatory fines
- Illustrates how to define your cyber-defensible position to improve data protection and demonstrate proper due diligence practices
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||27.4 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007546763 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|