What does it take to be the leader of a design firm or group? We often assume they have all the answers, but in this rapidly evolving industry they??re forced to find their way like the rest of us. So how do good design leaders manage? If you lead a design group, or want to understand the people who do, this insightful book explores behind-the-scenes strategies and tactics from leaders of top design companies throughout North America.
Based on scores of interviews he conducted over a two-year period??"from small companies to massive corporations like ESPN??"author Richard Banfield covers a wide range of topics, including:
- How design leaders create a healthy company culture
- Innovative ways for attracting and nurturing talent
- Creating productive workspaces, and handling remote employees
- Staying on top of demands while making time for themselves
- Consistent patterns among vastly different leadership styles
- Techniques and approaches for keeping the work pipeline full
- Making strategic and tactical plans for the future
- Mistakes that design leaders made??"and how they bounced back
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781491929155 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|