Creating apps for Google Glass is more involved than simply learning how to navigate its hardware, APIs, and SDK. You also need the right mindset. While this practical book delivers the information and techniques you need to build and deploy Glass applications, it also helps you to think for Glass by showing you how the platform works in, and affects, its environment.
In three parts—Discover, Design, and Develop—Glass pioneers guide you through the Glass ecosystem and demonstrate what this wearable computer means for users, developers, and society as a whole. You'll learn how to create rich functionality for a consumer technology that's radically different than anything currently available.
- Learn the Five Noble Truths of great Glassware design
- Understand the Glass ecosystem and learn why it's different
- Sidestep Glass's societal concerns in your projects
- Learn how Glass adapts to the user's world, rather than the other way around
- Avoid poor design by identifying Glassware antipatterns
- Build cloud services with the Google Mirror API
- Use the Glass Development Kit to develop client applications
- Submit your project for review in the MyGlass directory
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781491906729 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|