As a web designer, you encounter tough choices when it comes to weighing aesthetics and performance. Good content, layout, images, and interactivity are essential for engaging your audience, and each of these elements has an enormous impact on page load time and the end-user experience. In this practical book, Laura Hogan helps you approach projects with page speed in mind, showing you how to test and benchmark which design choices are most critical.
To get started, all you need are basic HTML and CSS skills and Photoshop experience.
- The impact of page load time on your site, brand, and users
- Page speed basics: how browsers retrieve and render content
- Best practices for optimizing and loading images
- How to clean up HTML and CSS, and optimize web fonts
- Mobile-first design with performance goals by breakpoint
- Using tools to measure performance as your site evolves
- Methods for shaping an organization's performance culture
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781491903728 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|