Cement production is known to be a polluting and energy-intensive industry. Cement plants account for 5 percent of global emissions of carbon dioxide and one of the main causes of global warming. However, cement it is literally the glue of progress. Designing Green Cement Plants provides the tools and techniques for designing new large cement plants that would promote sustainable growth, preserve natural resources to the maximum possible extent and make least possible additions to the Greenhouse Gases that cause global warming.
Brief and but authoritative, this title embraces new technologies and methods such as Carbon Capture and Sequestration, as well as methods for harnessing renewable energy sources such as wind and solar. The author also discusses the efficient use of energy and materials through the use recycling. In addition, this book also examines thepossibilities of developing green cement substitutes such as Calera, Caliix, Novacem, Aether and Geopolymer cements.
- Includes the tools and methods for reducing the emissions of greenhouse Gases
- Explores technologies such as: carbon capture and storage and substitute cements
- Provides essential data to determining the unique factors involved in designing large new green cement plants
- Includes interactive excel spreadsheets
- Methods for preforming a cost benefits analysis for the production of green cements as opposed to conventional OPC
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||15.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006799184 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|