Developments in Turbomachinery Flow: Forward Curved Centrifugal Fans explores the forward curved squirrel cage fan as an excellent instrument for fluid mechanics research in turbomachines.
The book explores phenomena such as jet/wake interaction, circulation, separation and noise in turbomachines, also addressing the characteristics that are specific to this fan and applications in other centrifugal turbomachines.
Chapters begin with a general introduction that includes research techniques and a survey of older research, and then proceed into a detailed description of improvements for different parts of the fan, including the inlet, the rotor and the volute. Final sections include a comprehensive discussion on geometrical modifications that could improve performance without impacting cost.
- Explores how forward curved centrifugal fans have wide industrial application
- Discusses the strong trade-off between fan aerodynamics and construction cost
- Provides a wide selection of optimums for geometrical configuration
- Introduces new geometries that can improve performance and reduce noise for the same construction cost
- Presents fluid phenomena as a potential research field for this fan
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||13.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Woodhead Publishing|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781782421931 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|