Dielectrics in Electric Fields explores the influence of electric fields on dielectric-i.e., non-conducting or insulating-materials, examining the distinctive behaviors of these materials through well-established principles of physics and engineering.
Featuring five new chapters, nearly 200 new figures, and more than 800 new citations, this fully updated and significantly expanded Second Edition:
- Analyzes inorganic substances with real-life applications in harsh working conditions such as outdoor, nuclear, and space environments
- Introduces methods for measuring dielectric properties at microwave frequencies, presenting results obtained for specific materials
- Discusses the application of dielectric theory in allied fields such as corrosion studies, civil engineering, and health sciences
- Combines in one chapter coverage of electrical breakdown in gases with breakdown in micrometric gaps
- Offers extensive coverage of electron energy distribution-essential knowledge required for the application of plasma sciences in medical science
- Delivers a detailed review of breakdown in liquids, along with an overview of electron mobility, providing a clear understanding of breakdown phenomena
- Explains breakdown in solid dielectrics such as single crystals, polycrystalline and amorphous states, thin films, and powders compressed to form pellets
- Addresses the latest advances in dielectric theory and research, including cutting-edge nanodielectric materials and their practical applications
- Blends early classical papers that laid the foundation for much of the dielectric theory with more recent work
The author has drawn from more than 55 years of research studies and experience in the areas of high-voltage engineering, power systems, and dielectric materials and systems to supply both aspiring and practicing engineers with a comprehensive, authoritative source for up-to-date information on dielectrics in electric fields.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||61.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498765213 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|