Discipline-Specific Writing provides an introduction and guide to the teaching of this topic for students and trainee teachers. This book highlights the importance of discipline-specific writing as a critical area of competence for students, and covers both the theory and practice of teaching this crucial topic. With chapters from practitioners and researchers working across a wide range of contexts around the world, Discipline-Specific Writing:
- Explores teaching strategies in a variety of specific areas including science and technology, social science and business;
- Discusses curriculum development, course design and assessment, providing a framework for the reader;
- Analyses the teaching of language features including grammar and vocabulary for academic writing;
- Demonstrates the use of genre analysis, annotated bibliographies and corpora as tools for teaching;
- Provides practical suggestions for use in the classroom, questions for discussion and additional activities with each chapter.
Discipline-Specific Writing is key reading for students taking courses in English for Specific Purposes, Applied Linguistics, TESOL, TEFL and CELTA.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.3 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781315519005 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|