Who am I?
In this easy-to-understand book, expert Dr. Norm Wright gives advice on how to find our identity in Christ (rather than in what others think). His down-to-earth, practical advice backed by over four decades of Christian counseling experience will help you avoid the confusion and pain that comes from a misplaced identity and will help you answer the tough life question: Who am I?
When we know who we are in God's eyes, our confidence won't allow the ups and downs of life to destroy our self-worth. Once we realize that having the right job, the right possessions, or even having the right connections are not who we are, we can establish our identity on the one foundation that is unchangeable—God's love for us. Deepen your understanding of who God is and discover how he sees you with this easy-to-understand book.
Enjoy getting practical advice on—
- Finding our identity in Christ rather than in what others think
- Dealing with negative messages from the past
- 6 practical ways to believe and walk in the truth of who God says that you are
- Dealing with identity and mid-life crisis (for both men and women)
- Six ways to positively change your relationship with others
4 Key Features of Dr. Norm Wright's Discovering Who You Are and How God Sees You
Expert Advice Explained in an Easy-to-Understand Way
Weaving his experience as a counselor with the Word of God, Dr. Norm Wright uses illustrative examples, simple summaries, and clear explanations as he answers key questions:
- What is identity? How do we form our identity?
- Why do people have mid-life crisis or an identity crisis?
- How can I know if my identity is based too much on others' opinions?
- How can I find my identity in Christ?
Reveals the Common Ways We Misplace Our Identity
Often times, we look to our jobs, our family, and society to help define ourselves. Society has four main standards that many people mistakenly use as a basis for their identity. Find out why establishing our identity on these standards is risky and how it robs us of the true peace that God desires for us.
- Accomplishments—They believe that what they do earns them a certain status rating.
- Possessions—They have an insatiable need to acquire things. They struggle with the tendency to compare their possessions to what other people have.
- Connections (Who They Know)—These people end up being name-droppers who tend to be threatened by the status of others, or people who become a threat to others in their quest for status.
- Appearance— Many base their identity on how they feel about their appearance.
Includes Personal Reflection Questions and Exercises that Will Help You Answer the Question: Who am I?
To truly establish your identity in Christ, you must first recognize the false foundations you use to define yourself. Throughout this helpful book, Dr. Norm Wright takes you step-by-step through the process of answering the essential question: Who am I? He includes questions, exercises, activities, and even provides areas for you to write down your responses.
Features Practical Advice Rooted in the Word of God
If we simply try to empty our mind of negative thoughts but fail to replace them with positive thoughts, the negative thoughts will return. Enjoy getting practical advice on how to combat negative messages from your past and how to firmly establish your identity on who Gods say that you are. Find out:To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||918 KB|
|Publisher: ||Aspire Press|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9781628620511 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|