Docker is quickly changing the way that organizations are deploying software at scale. But understanding how Linux containers fit into your workflow—and getting the integration details right—are not trivial tasks. With this practical guide, you'll learn how to use Docker to package your applications with all of their dependencies, and then test, ship, scale, and support your containers in production.
Two Lead Site Reliability Engineers at New Relic share much of what they have learned from using Docker in production since shortly after its initial release. Their goal is to help you reap the benefits of this technology while avoiding the many setbacks they experienced.
- Learn how Docker simplifies dependency management and deployment workflow for your applications
- Start working with Docker images, containers, and command line tools
- Use practical techniques to deploy and test Docker-based Linux containers in production
- Debug containers by understanding their composition and internal processes
- Deploy production containers at scale inside your data center or cloud environment
- Explore advanced Docker topics, including deployment tools, networking, orchestration, security, and configuration
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||O'Reilly Media|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781491918517 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|