East Asia is one of the world's most dynamic and diverse regions and is also becoming an increasingly coherent region through the inter-play of various integrative economic, political and socio-cultural processes. Fully updated and revised throughout, this new edition explores the various ways in which East Asian regionalism continues to deepen.
The second edition has been expanded to incorporate coverage of significant issues that have emerged in recent years including:
- Growing tensions in the region over maritime territory and historical issues
- Competing regional free trade agreement negotiations
- The impact of the global financial crisis on financial co-operation and engagement with global governance
- Obama's 'pivot to Asia' and developments in US relations with East Asia
- The influence of new technology and social media on micro-level regional relations
- The growing importance of 'new diplomacy' issues such as energy security, climate change, food security and international migration.
Key pedagogical features include:
- end of chapter 'study questions'
- case studies that discuss topical issues with study questions also provided
- useful tables and figures which illustrate key regional trends in East Asia
- Extensive summary conclusions covering the chapter's main findings from different international political economy perspectives.
East Asian Regionalism is an essential text for courses on East Asian regionalism, Asian politics and Asian economics.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||20.4 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781317509431 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|