Educating Special Students is the definitive guide to evidence based practice and professionally informed approaches to provision for special students. Now in its third edition, the book sets out ideas of best practice relating to different disabilities and disorders, helpfully discussing what might constitute effective provision. This edition has been updated to take account of new ways of classifying disabilities and disorders, and recent developments in research and practice, including the 2014 SEND Code of Practice (England) and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition DSM-5™. A new appendix provides information on basic anatomy and physiology. International in scope, the book explores issues relating to:
- intellectual disability (profound, moderate to severe, and mild)
- sensory impairments
- orthopaedic impairment and motor disorders, health impairments, and traumatic brain injury
- oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, anxiety disorders, depressive disorders, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- communication disorders (speech, grammar and comprehension, semantics and pragmatics), and autism spectrum disorder
- specific learning disorders with impairment in reading, written expression and mathematics, and developmental co-ordination disorder.
Educating Special Students will be of interest to all those studying special education, professionals, and others committed to seeking the best provision for special students.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||1.7 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781134833160 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|