Volume 2 of the Getenergy Guides series explores the challenges of developing a technically competent workforce for the oil and gas sector globally. The cases in this Volume explore practical examples of the efforts of oil and gas companies, contractors, educational institutions and governments to develop competent, vocationally-trained employees for the industry.
Education and training are increasingly viewed as part of the core business of oil and gas companies operating in today's high cost/high risk environment. This book will highlight the approaches which work and offer a framework against which future initiatives can be measured.
This second book in the Getenergy Guides series explores nine cases studies from around the world and offers commentary on each case drawn from Getenergy's wealth of experience in uniting education and training providers and the upstream oil and gas industry on a global basis.
- Edited by Getenergy's Executive Team which - for more than a decade - has specialised in mapping and connecting the world of education and training with the upstream oil and gas industry through global events and workshops.
- Detailed research into the key facts surrounding each case with analysis to enable readers to quickly and effectively extract lessons that can be applied to the challenge of building a technically competent workforce.
- Highlights the aspects of good practice that can be utilised by universities, colleges and training providers in meeting the workforce and skills development needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Includes full colour images and partnership diagrams' to underscore key concepts.
- Offers specific commentary on the replicability, sustainability and impact of the approaches outlined.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||7.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9780128010181 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|