Scott Meyers's seminal C++ books– Effective C++ , More Effective C++ , and Effective STL –have been immensely helpful to hundreds of thousands of C++ programmers. All three are finally available together in this eBook collection.
Effective C++ has been embraced by hundreds of thousands of programmers worldwide. The reason is clear: Scott Meyers's practical approach to C++ describes the rules of thumb used by the experts to produce clear, correct, efficient code. The book is organized around 55 specific guidelines, each of which describes a way to write better C++. Each is backed by concrete examples.
In More Effective C++, Meyers presents 35 ways to improve your programs and designs. Drawing on years of experience, Meyers explains how to write software that is more effective: more efficient, more robust, more consistent, more portable, and more reusable. In short, how to write C++ software that's just plain better.
In Effective STL, Meyers goes beyond describing what's in the STL to show you how to use it. Each of the book's 50 guidelines is backed by Meyers's legendary analysis and incisive examples, so you'll learn not only what to do, but also when to do it–and why.
Together in this collection, these books include the following important features:
- Expert guidance on the design of effective classes, functions, templates, and inheritance hierarchies.
- Applications of new "TR1" standard library functionality, along with comparisons to existing standard library components.
- Insights into differences between C++ and other languages (e.g., Java, C#, C) that help developers from those languages assimilate "the C++ way" of doing things.
- Proven methods for improving program efficiency, including incisive examinations of the time/space costs of C++ language features
- Comprehensive descriptions of advanced techniques used by C++ experts, including placement new, virtual constructors, smart pointers, reference counting, proxy classes, and double-dispatching
- Examples of the profound impact of exception handling on the structure and behavior of C++ classes and functions
- Practical treatments of new language features, including bool, mutable, explicit, namespaces, member templates, the Standard Template Library, and more. If your compilers don't yet support these features, Meyers shows you how to get the job done without them.
- Advice on choosing among standard STL containers (like vector and list), nonstandard STL containers (like hash_set and hash_map), and non-STL containers (like bitset).
- Techniques to maximize the efficiency of the STL and the programs that use it.
- Insights into the behavior of iterators, function objects, and allocators, including things you should not do.
- Guidance for the proper use of algorithms and member functions whose names are the same (e.g., find), but whose actions differ in subtle (but important) ways.
- Discussions of potential portability problems, including straightforward ways to avoid them.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||2.8 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2012|
|ISBN: ||9780132979184 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|