Build Complete Embedded Linux Systems Quickly and Reliably
Developers are increasingly integrating Linux into their embedded systems: It supports virtually all hardware architectures and many peripherals, scales well, offers full source code, and requires no royalties. The Yocto Project makes it much easier to customize Linux for embedded systems. If you??re a developer with working knowledge of Linux, Embedded Linux Systems with the Yocto Project™ will help you make the most of it.
An indispensable companion to the official documentation, this guide starts by offering a solid grounding in the embedded Linux landscape and the challenges of creating custom distributions for embedded systems. You??ll master the Yocto Project??s toolbox hands-on, by working through the entire development lifecycle with a variety of real-life examples that you can incorporate into your own projects.
Author Rudolf Streif offers deep insight into Yocto Project??s build system and engine, and addresses advanced topics ranging from board support to compliance management.
You??ll learn how to
- Overcome key challenges of creating custom embedded distributions
- Jumpstart and iterate OS stack builds with the OpenEmbedded Build System
- Master build workflow, architecture, and the BitBake Build Engine
- Quickly troubleshoot build problems
- Customize new distros with built-in blueprints or from scratch
- Use BitBake recipes to create new software packages
- Build kernels, set configurations, and apply patches
- Support diverse CPU architectures and systems
- Create Board Support Packages (BSP) for hardware-specific adaptations
- Provide Application Development Toolkits (ADT) for round-trip development
- Remotely run and debug applications on actual hardware targets
- Ensure open-source license compliance
- Scale team-based projects with Toaster, Build History, Source Mirrors, and Autobuilder
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||20.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Prentice Hall|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780133443288 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|