Embedded Software Development: The Open-Source Approach delivers a practical introduction to embedded software development, with a focus on open-source components. This programmer-centric book is written in a way that enables even novice practitioners to grasp the development process as a whole.
Incorporating real code fragments and explicit, real-world open-source operating system references (in particular, FreeRTOS) throughout, the text:
- Defines the role and purpose of embedded systems, describing their internal structure and interfacing with software development tools
- Examines the inner workings of the GNU compiler collection (GCC)-based software development system or, in other words, toolchain
- Presents software execution models that can be adopted profitably to model and express concurrency
- Addresses the basic nomenclature, models, and concepts related to task-based scheduling algorithms
- Shows how an open-source protocol stack can be integrated in an embedded system and interfaced with other software components
- Analyzes the main components of the FreeRTOS Application Programming Interface (API), detailing the implementation of key operating system concepts
- Discusses advanced topics such as formal verification, model checking, runtime checks, memory corruption, security, and dependability
Embedded Software Development: The Open-Source Approach capitalizes on the authors' extensive research on real-time operating systems and communications used in embedded applications, often carried out in strict cooperation with industry. Thus, the book serves as a springboard for further research.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781466593930 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|