Multiple sclerosis produces wide-ranging effects on a person's physical, psychological, and social functioning. One of the most important is its effect on employment. Although the vast majority of people with this disease have employment histories and were working at the time of diagnosis, many are unable to maintain employment as the disease progresses.
Employment Issues and Multiple Sclerosis, 2nd Edition is a must read for any person with MS that has a question regarding employment and disability. Chapters cover everything from vocational rehabilitation to job placement, and the laws covering employment.
The Updated Edition Includes:
- NEW chapter detailing employee rights concerning medical leave, health insurance portability and accountability, and continuation of benefits
- NEW chapter on Social Security Disability Insurance programs
- An expanded and updated chapter on the Americans with Disabilities Act
- An expanded and updated chapter on research and services regarding the employment of Americans with MS
- Completely updated chapter on policy, programming, and research recommendations to improve the rate of labor force participation of people with MS
Intended for people with MS, their families, physicians, nurses, social workers, rehabilitation professionals, and others interested in the employment implications of MS, this comprehensive new text is a basic resource guide to matters of research, public policy, and service delivery. The author also discusses current trends in health care and rehabilitation, and recommends reforms to better serve the interests of people with MS.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||49.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Health|
|Date published: || 2008|
|ISBN: ||9781934559956 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|