Emulsions, the third volume of the Nanotechnology in the Food Industry series, is an invaluable resource for anyone in the food industry who needs the most recent information about scientific advances in nanotechnology on this topic. This volume focuses on basic and advanced knowledge about nanoemulsion, and presents an overview of the production methods, materials (solvents, emulsifiers, and functional ingredients), and current analytical techniques that can be used for the identification and characterization of nanoemulsions.
The book also discusses the applications of nanoemulsion with special emphasis on systems suitable for utilization within the food industry. This book is useful to a wide audience of food science research professionals and students who are doing research in this field, as well as others interested in recent nanotechnological progress worldwide.
- Presents fundamentals of nanoemulsions, methods of preparation (high-energy and low-energy techniques), and applications in the food industry
- Includes research studies of nanoemulsification technology to improve bioavailability of food ingredients and research analysis
- Offers benefits and methods of risk assessment to ensure food safety
- Presents cutting-edge encapsulating systems to improve the quality of functional compounds
- Provides a variety of methods, such as high-shear stirring, high-pressure homogenizers, self-emulsification, phase transitions and phase-inversion, to further research in this field
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||22.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007548736 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|