This book presents a complete step-by-step guide to endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery, written by prominent interdisciplinary specialists and reflecting important recent developments in the field. Combining the fundamentals of skull base anatomy and pathology with current diagnostic and interventional imaging techniques, Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery of Skull Base Tumors provides a solid clinical foundation for anyone working in this challenging and evolving specialty.
- State-of-the-art contributions from international experts in endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery
- A 360 panoramic assessment of skull base pathologies
- Description of basic and advanced endoscopic procedures based on the endonasal corridor system
- Current tumor-specific strategies, including indications and preoperative work-up, endoscopic surgical techniques, sequel and potential complications, postoperative care, outcomes, and pearls and pitfalls
- Clear and consistent interdisciplinary guidelines for managing the internal carotid artery in skull base surgery, allowing the removal of previously inoperable tumors
- Surgical outcomes from two of the leading international skull base centers, one in Fulda, Germany (formerly headed by Professor Draf), and one joint program at the University of Brescia and University of Varese, Italy
Complete with 500 full-color photographs, anatomic illustrations, flowcharts and tables, Endonasal Endoscopic Surgery of Skull Base Tumors offers a practical management approach and sets a new standard in the field. It is invaluable for all otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and pathologists who routinely make diagnostic and therapeutic decisions with regard to skull base lesions. It is also an essential text and reference for those who are learning how to perform endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery in a multidisciplinary environment.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||60.9 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006519645 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 50 selections every 5 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 50 pages every 5 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|