STRENGTHEN SOFTWARE SECURITY BY HELPING DEVELOPERS AND SECURITY EXPERTS WORK TOGETHER
Traditional approaches to securing software are inadequate. The solution: Bring software engineering and network security teams together in a new, holistic approach to protecting the entire enterprise. Now, four highly respected security experts explain why this "confluence" is so crucial, and show how to implement it in your organization.
Writing for all software and security practitioners and leaders, they show how software can play a vital, active role in protecting your organization. You'll learn how to construct software that actively safeguards sensitive data and business processes and contributes to intrusion detection/response in sophisticated new ways. The authors cover the entire development lifecycle, including project inception, design, implementation, testing, deployment, operation, and maintenance. They also provide a full chapter of advice specifically for Chief Information Security Officers and other enterprise security executives.
Whatever your software security responsibilities, Enterprise Software Security delivers indispensable big-picture guidance–and specific, high-value recommendations you can apply right now.
• Overcoming common obstacles to collaboration between developers and IT security professionals
• Helping programmers design, write, deploy, and operate more secure software
• Helping network security engineers use application output more effectively
• Organizing a software security team before you've even created requirements
• Avoiding the unmanageable complexity and inherent flaws of layered security
• Implementing positive software design practices and identifying security defects in existing designs
• Teaming to improve code reviews, clarify attack scenarios associated with vulnerable code, and validate positive compliance
• Moving beyond pentesting toward more comprehensive security testing
• Integrating your new application with your existing security infrastructure
• "Ruggedizing" DevOps by adding infosec to the relationship between development and operations
• Protecting application security during maintenance
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.3 MB|
|Publisher: ||Addison-Wesley Professional|
|Date published: || 2014|
|ISBN: ||9780321604361 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 30 selections every 30 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 30 pages every 30 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegowina, Congo, Congo (The Democratic Republic of the), Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Liberia, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Macedonia (The Former Yugoslav Republic of), Myanmar, Nigeria, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Zimbabwe|