Environment and Development: Basic Principles, Human Activities, and Environmental Implications focuses on the adverse impact that human activities, developments, and economic growth have on both natural and inhabited environments. The book presents the associated problems, along with solutions that can be used to achieve a harmonic, sustainable development that provides for the co-existence of man and natural life. Chapters provide detailed information on a range of environments including: atmospheric, aquatic, soil, natural, urban, energy, and extraterrestrial, as well as the relationship between the environment and development. In addition, this comprehensive book presents the latest research findings and trends in global environmental policy for each issue.
- Offers a discussion of the extraterrestrial environment and waste in earth orbit as one of the distinctive topics of the book
- Addresses global environmental policy issues and policies
- Presents tabulated data to support the analysis and explain the issues presented
- Includes case studies covering many topics of current interest
- Analyzes environmental issues and proposes solutions grounded in recent research findings
- Discusses the various interpretations of the development concept as well as alternative pathways to sustainable development
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||10.0 MB|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780444627438 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|