Epigenetic Biomarkers and Diagnostics comprises 32 chapters contributed by leading active researchers in clinical epigenetics. The book is divided into three sections, beginning with the basis of epigenetic mechanisms and descriptions of epigenetic biomarkers that can be used in clinical diagnostics and prognostics.
The second section refers to the importance of the sample quality and ethical issues in clinical epigenetics, with the final section presenting the technologies and methods to discover and analyze epigenetic biomarkers.
The book describes the challenging aspects of epigenetic research and current findings regarding new epigenetic elements and modifiers, providing guidance for researchers interested in the most advanced technologies and methodologies used in the clinical diagnosis or prognosis of disease.
- Focuses on recent progress in several areas of epigenetics, general concepts regarding epigenetics, and the future prospects of this discipline in clinical diagnostics and prognostics
- Describes the importance of the quality of samples and clinical associated data, and also the ethical issues for epigenetic diagnostics
- Discusses the advances in epigenomics technologies, including next-generation sequencing based tools and applications
- Expounds on the utility of epigenetic biomarkers for diagnosis and prognosis of several diseases, highlighting the study of these biomarkers in cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infertility, and infectious diseases
- Includes a special section that discusses the relevance of biobanks in the maintenance of high quality biosamples and clinical-associated data, and the relevance of the ethical aspects in epigenetic studies
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||9.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007200092 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|