Gastroesophageal cancers are the most common form of cancer incidents, and the second most common cause of death among cancer patients. In 2000, it was estimated that over one million new cases of gastroesophageal cancers were diagnosed worldwide, and over 900,000 individuals died from the disease.
Using a multi-disciplinary approach, Esophageal Cancer: Principles and Practice addresses the complexities encountered in the understanding and management of esophageal cancers. Written by the worldÌs leading experts in surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, gastroenterology, pathology, radiology, nutrition, nurse specialists, palliative medicine, and research relating to neoplasia of the esophagus, this text will serve as the definitive resource and enable practitioners to provide the best possible patient care. Presented in an accessible and useful format, this text is a valuable reference to all practitioners participating in the care of this high-needs population.
Special Features Include:
- Complete coverage of the two most common tumors: squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma
- In-depth coverage of uncommon tumors
- In-depth coverage of each topic with equal emphasis applied to both technical and multidisciplinary aspects of treatment
- In-depth treatment of non-surgical topics in management at different phases of the disease
- Wide-ranging attention to the diseaseÌs biologic aspects and basic science, contributing greatly to palliative care To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||24.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Demos Medical|
|Date published: || 2009|
|ISBN: ||9781935281177 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|