Essential Oils in Food Preservation, Flavor and Safety discusses the major advances in the understanding of the Essential Oils and their application, providing a resource that takes into account the fact that there is little attention paid to the scientific basis or toxicity of these oils.
This book provides an authoritative synopsis of many of the complex features of the essential oils as applied to food science, ranging from production and harvesting, to the anti-spoilage properties of individual components. It embraces a holistic approach to the topic, and is divided into two distinct parts, the general aspects and named essential oils.
With more than 100 chapters in parts two and three, users will find valuable sections on botanical aspects, usage and applications, and a section on applications in food science that emphasizes the fact that essential oils are frequently used to impart flavor and aroma. However, more recently, their use as anti-spoilage agents has been extensively researched.
- Explains how essential oils can be used to improve safety, flavor, and function
- Embraces a holistic approach to the topic, and is divided into two distinct parts, the general aspects and named essential oils
- Provides exceptional range of information, from general use insights to specific use and application information, along with geographically specific information
- Examines traditional and evidence-based uses
- Includes methods and examples of investigation and application
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||17.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006842187 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|