This is a concise, easy-to-use guide to executing more than 60 commonly performed clinical procedures, including sonography, in emergent, urgent, and ambulatory care settings. The procedures are consistently formatted, presented in detail, and organized into system-specific categories for easy access to information. The second edition is the only such resource to include two new chapters completely devoted to bedside ultrasound and how it is used as a tool to enhance the accuracy of numerous procedures. Grounded in fundamental sonography physics, these chapters provide readers with a clear foundational understanding of how to perform ultrasound with confidence. Additionally, eight chapters describe the use of ultrasound to increase the accuracy and efficiency of specific procedures such as locating a foreign body in the eye or soft body tissues, among other applications. The second edition also describes 13 new procedures and reflects the latest guidelines and evidence-based practice used for promotion of safely performed procedures.
Each procedure is presented using a concise and consistent format that includes background considerations, indication for performing the procedure, how to perform it safely and correctly, contraindications, required documentation, complications, post-procedure considerations, and education points. Original photos, actual sonographic footage, line drawings, and tables reinforce the written content and provide clear directions regarding exactly how to perform each procedure. Author's pearls and extensive references at the end of each chapter further enhance the book's utility.
New to the Second Edition:
- New chapters devoted to sonography and how it is used to enhance the accuracy of many procedures
- Describes the use of sonography to increase the accuracy and efficiency of eight specific procedures
- Includes 10 new procedures
- Offers ultrasound and videos
- Reflects latest guidelines and evidence-based practice
- Provides step-by-step illustrated guidance for performing 60 frequently used procedures in urgent care, ambulatory, clinic, and office settings
- Four-color photos clearly illustrate each step in the procedure
- Body system organization supports quick access to needed procedural information
- Introduces sonography as a tool used to enhance accuracy of procedures and promote patient safety
- Includes actual sonographic footage demonstrating how sonography is used in various procedures
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||158.2 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007486410 (DRM-PDF)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|