Europe Since 1945 is an exciting new survey of the history of Europe since the end of World War Two. In the second half of the twentieth century Europe has known a period of peace and stability unprecedented in its history and virtually unparalleled in the rest of the world. Europe explains the reasons for this state of affairs.
Thought- provoking and wide ranging, this book discusses political, economic, social and cultural change in modern Europe. Covering both Western and Eastern Europe comprehensively and featuring extensive analysis of the 1990s, this book includes examination of:
* the Cold War
* War at the edges - Northern Ireland and Yugoslavia
* the European Union
* the issues of Nationalism
* the end of the dictatorships
* economic prosperity, the EEC and the Euro
* the break-up of the European Empires and the consequences.
|Size: ||494 KB|
|Date published: || 2002|
|ISBN: ||2370005453704 (EPUB)|