First Edition Received 100 Points and 5-Star Doody'sReview!
This is the only nursing text to facilitate the achievement by Doctor of Nursing Practice graduates (DNPs) s of the highest possible competency in conducting systematic and in-depth evaluations of all aspects of health care. The second edition of this award-winning text keeps pace with the rapidly evolving health care market by presenting a more comprehensive range of evaluation strategies for analyzing quality, safety, and value in health care practice and programs, with an emphasis on conducting, interpreting, and disseminating findings. It includes three new chapters addressing evaluation and outcomes, program evaluation, quality improvement, and reporting and disseminating the results.
Based on the best evidence-based practices, the book provides DNPs with in-depth information on the conceptual basis of evaluation, its application as an integral part of contemporary health care delivery, and resources and methodology for evaluation of practice outcomes. It includes a critical examination of the characteristics, sources, and quality of the nature of evidence and presents several different evaluation models including those that focus oneconomic evaluation. The evaluation of organizations, systems, and standards for practice are covered in detail as are the evaluation of populations and health care teams, particularly interdisciplinary collaborative health teams. Also addressed is the process for translating outcomes from evaluation into health care policy, and opportunities for advocacy and leadership. Numerous examples and case studies illustrate concepts.
New to the Second Edition:
- Includes three (3) new chapters that address evaluation and outcomes, program evaluation, quality improvement, and reporting and disseminating the results
- Explores health care practice determinates related to quality, safety, and value
- Covers how to lead and participate in comprehensive health care evaluations using best practices in conduct, interpretation and dissemination
- Includes strategies for evaluating small, medium, and large programs
- Facilitates competency in conducting systematic and in-depth evaluations of all aspects of health care
- Based on best practices and evidence based practices
- Offers practical methods and tools used to conduct and implement a QI project
- Provides numerous examples and case studies
- Encourages the dissemination of results using a variety of venues, such as formal presentations, posters, and publications
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9780826131584 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|