Fourth Edition Named a 2013 Doody's Core Title!
Praise for the Fourth Edition:
The evidence-based protocols are designed as a primary reference and are useful, substantive, and timely...
The broader contributions of useful format and succinct review of the evidence make it likely that this text will continue to be the leading resource in nursing education and practice."
As a gerontological clinical educator/research nurse, I will often use this as a reference. The format and the content are good, and the explanations of how to best use the evidence simplify the process of sifting through mountains of information to figure the best practice. Score: 97, 5 Stars.
The new fifth edition of one of the premier references for geriatric nurses in hospital, long-term, and community settings, delivers current guidelines, real-life case studies, and evidence-based protocols developed by master educators and practitioners. With a focus on improving quality of care, cost-effectiveness, and outcome, the fifth edition is updated to provide the most current information about care of common clinical conditions and issues in older adults. Several new expert contributors present current guidelines about hip fractures, frailty, perioperative and postoperative care, palliative care, and senior-friendly emergency departments. Additionally, chapters have been reorganized to enhance logical flow of content and easy information retrieval.
Protocols are organized in a consistent format and include an overview, evidence-based assessment and intervention strategies, and an illustrative case study with discussion. Additionally, protocols are embedded within chapter text, providing the context and detailed evidence for each. Chapter objectives, annotated references, and evidence rating for each protocol are provided along with resources for additional study.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Reorganized to enhance logical flow of information and ease of use
- Updated and revised
- Includes new contributions from expert educators and practitioners
- Provides new chapters on perioperative and postoperative care, general surgical care, care of hip fracture, palliative care, and the senior-friendly emergency department
- Delivers evidence-based, current guidelines and protocols for care of common clinical conditions in the elderly
- Illustrates application of clinical protocols to real-life practice through case studies and discussion
- Edited by nationally known geriatric leaders who are endorsed by the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing
- Written for nursing students, nurse leaders, and practitioners at all levels, including those in specialty roles
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||5.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Springer Publishing Company|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007258819 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Copying:||of 20 selections every 20 days allowed|
|Printing:||of 20 pages every 20 days allowed|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|