Exercise-Cognition Interaction: Neuroscience Perspectives is the only book on the market that examines the neuroscientific correlation between exercise and cognitive functioning. The upsurge in research in recent years has confirmed that cognitive-psychology theory cannot account for the effects of exercise on cognition, and both acute and chronic exercise effect neurochemical and psychophysiological changes in the brain that, in turn, affect cognitive functioning.
This book provides an overview of the research into these effects, from theoretical research through current studies that emphasize neuroscientific theories and rationales. It addition, users will find a thorough examination of the effects of exercise interventions on cognitive functioning in special populations, including the elderly, children, and those suffering from a variety of diseases, including schizophrenia, diabetes, and an array of neurological disorders.
With contributions from leading researchers in the field, this book will be the go-to resource for neuroscientists, psychologists, medical professionals, and other researchers who need an understanding of the role exercise plays in cognitive functioning.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
- Provides a comprehensive account of how exercise affects brain functioning, which in turn affects cognition
- Covers both theory and empirical research
- Presents a thorough examination of the effects of exercise interventions on cognitive functioning in special populations, including the elderly, children, and those suffering from a variety of diseases
- Examines neurochemical, psychophysiological, and genetic factors
- Covers acute and chronic exercise
|Size: ||6.7 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007167845 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|