Family Law provides a comprehensive foundation in the key topics covered by courses. It explains the basic principles of the law and practice in their social, economic and historic context, enabling the reader to understand the doctrinal and practical impact of current radical changes in family law in response to cultural and other influences. This second edition has been fully updated in the light of on-going changes to the family justice system including:
- the modernisation of family justice including the new Family Court
- Atypical formation of the contemporary family: genetic, adoptive, social or through HAR
- the proposed administrative extra-judicial divorce process
- financial orders on married and unmarried family relationship breakdown
- enhanced parental responsibility, 'Parental Agreements' and 'Child Arrangement Orders'
reforms to public child law, including changes to adoptionsame-sex marriage and the impact on traditional marriage and cohabitation
- the treatment of post separation parenting (and the new DWP child support system)
Visit the companion website for practice questions, updates to the law and podcasts by the author at
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.8 MB|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781317906407 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|