Want to find your voice? Learn from the best!
In your development as a writer, you've likely been told to develop your own unique writing style, as if it were as simple as pulling it out of thin air. But finding your voice isn't easy--it requires time, practice, and a thorough understanding of how great fiction is written.
Fiction Writing Master Class analyzes the writing styles of twenty-one superior novelists including Charles Dickens, Edith Wharton, Franz Kafka, Flannery O'Connor, Ray Bradbury, and many others. This fascinating and insightful guide mines the writing secrets of these exceptional authors and shows you how to use them to develop a writing style that stands out in a crowd.
You'll discover how to:
And that's not all, Fiction Writing Master Class is your key to understanding and implementing the proven techniques of history's greatest authors, taking your writing to a whole new level of excellence in the process.
- Create characters as memorable as Herman Melville's Captain Ahab
- Master point of view with techniques from Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Pick up the pace by keeping your sentences lean like Ernest Hemingway
- Incorporate sensual details like James Bond creator Ian Fleming
- Add suspense to your story by following the lead of horror master Stephen King
|Size: ||867 KB|
|Publisher: ||Writers Digest Books|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781599639994 (EPUB)|