Explore the Health Effects of Fluoride Pollution
Fluoride in Drinking Water: Status, Issues, and Solutions establishes the negative impacts of naturally occurring fluoride on human health and considers the depth and scope of fluoride pollution on an international scale. The book discusses current global water quality and fluoride-related issues and draws overall awareness to the problems associated with fluoride in drinking water.
Utilizing recent scientific studies to examine the current status of fluoride pollution, it provides a fundamental understanding of fluorosis, describes health problems associated with fluorosis, and discusses viable scientific solutions. The book places special emphasis on India, Africa, China, and other countries deeply affected by fluoride pollution.
A single, comprehensive source covering health issues related to fluoride and its effect on humans, this book:
- Compiles information from scientific literature on the state of fluoride pollution
- Characterizes the human impacts of fluorosis
- Provides a comparative evaluation of technologies used for defluoridation
- Gives a comprehensive account of human health effects with appropriate scientific descriptions and photographs
- Includes detailed descriptions on the geochemistry of fluoride entry into groundwater aquifers
- Presents a case study that deals with the successful removal of fluoride from drinking water
A vital resource for environmental and public health officials as well as academic researchers in the area, Fluoride in Drinking Water: Status, Issues, and Solutions covers human health issues associated with fluoride-rich water and describes relevant techniques for defluoridation that can be used to overcome the stress, issues, and challenges of natural fluoride in drinking water.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||8.1 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||9781498756532 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|