Food and Drug Regulation in an Era of Globalized Markets provides a synthesized look at the pressures that are impacting today's markets, including trade liberalization, harmonization initiatives between governments, increased aid activities to low-and middle-income countries, and developing pharmaceutical sectors in China and India.
From the changing nature of packaged and processed food supply chains, to the reorientation of pharmaceutical research and funding coalesced to confront firms, regulators, and consumers are now faced with previously unknown challenges.
Based on the 2014 O'Neill Institute Summer program, this book provides an international, cross-disciplinary look at the changing world of regulations and offers insights into requirements for successful implementation.
- Interdisciplinary approach allows readers to understand the varying perspectives involved in regulatory development
- Includes case studies to highlight harmonization efforts and challenges, and to provide practical insights for application going forward
- Provides a thorough assessment of supply chains, potential gaps, and means of anticipating and addressing issues
- Presents a comprehensive snapshot of changes in the food safety law in the United States and under international standards, including academic, industry and regulatory perspectives
- Addresses conflicts and cooperation between relevant US agencies including USDA, FDA, DEA, EPA, FTC and the Department of Commerce
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||3.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370006795742 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|