The use of forensic entomology has become established as a global science. Recent efforts in the field bridge multiple disciplines including, but not limited to, microbiology, chemistry, genetics, and systematics as well as ecology and evolution. The first book of its kind, Forensic Entomology: International Dimensions and Frontiers provides an inclusive summary of worldwide research on this body of knowledge that integrates aspects of a wide range of scientific realms.
The book first reviews the history of forensic entomology, its accomplishments, and future challenges in nations around the world. It then provides perspectives of other scientific disciplines that are shaping the questions being addressed in the field. With an emphasis on medicolegal investigations, the book:
- Provides countrywide and regionally relevant syntheses on the current state and future of forensic entomology worldwide
- Presents insight from up-and-coming entomologists who offer new perspectives on the field while acknowledging their predecessors' contributions and foundational work
- Highlights both established and newly emerging areas of forensic entomology research that provide the foundation and future of this exciting discipline
- Discusses the success of forensic entomology and identifies key challenges to current work and practice
- Supplies an internationally cohesive perspective to emerging multidisciplinary dimensions and frontiers of forensic entomology
The book is designed to provide readers with a firm appreciation of the history of forensic entomology and the scientists who built its foundation in each of the countries presented. In doing so, it is destined to inspire new and exciting global collaboration among established researchers and newcomers to the field.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||11.9 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781466572416 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|
|This ebook will NOT be sold to customers with a billing address in:|