The ability to work with, and retrieve images, is vital to forensic and criminal case work. During a five-decade-long career, author John C. Russ has taught methods for image processing and measurement to thousands of students. Forensic Uses of Digital Imaging, Second Edition distills his classroom and workshop material to present the information most relevant to forensic science.
Since the publication of the first edition, there have been many significant changes in technology that have revolutionized the ways digital images are used in forensic investigations. Fully updated, the second edition:
- Covers the widespread advancements of digital imaging photography and processing
- Discusses the increased power, storage capacity, and use of digital cameras, laptop computers, tablets, and cell phones in forensic science
- Gives real-world examples to illustrate comparisons between different processing options
- Includes hundreds of full-color images that demonstrate technologies and techniques
- Addresses issues of admissibility of forensic investigation results under Frye and Daubert rules
- Provides guidelines and suggestions for effectively presenting and explaining results
Forensic Uses of Digital Imaging, Second Edition explains concepts with minimal jargon, and the methods and tools described in this book can be implemented in a broad spectrum of available computer programs. By demonstrating how these methods can be applied to a variety of images, this book helps readers develop the ability to understand when and how specific techniques should be used. It will be of particular use in casework for practicing photography and imaging police and forensic professionals who need to verify and explain both interpretations and processes to legal professionals, judges, and juries.
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||239.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||CRC Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||9781498733083 (DRM-PDF)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|