Formative Assessment, Learning Data Analytics and Gamification: An ICT Education discusses the challenges associated with assessing student progress given the explosion of e-learning environments, such as MOOCs and online courses that incorporate activities such as design and modeling. This book shows educators how to effectively garner intelligent data from online educational environments that combine assessment and gamification.
This data, when used effectively, can have a positive impact on learning environments and be used for building learner profiles, community building, and as a tactic to create a collaborative team. Using numerous illustrative examples and theoretical and practical results, leading international experts discuss application of automatic techniques for e-assessment of learning activities, methods to collect, analyze, and correctly visualize learning data in educational environments, applications, benefits and challenges of using gamification techniques in academic contexts, and solutions and strategies for increasing student participation and performance.
- Discusses application of automatic techniques for e-assessment of learning activities
- Presents strategies to provide immediate and useful feedback on students' activities
- Provides methods to collect, analyze, and correctly visualize learning data in educational environments
- Explains the applications, benefits, and challenges of using gamification techniques in academic contexts
- Offers solutions to increase students' participation and performance while lowering drop-out rates and retention levels
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||17.6 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2016|
|ISBN: ||2370007507610 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|