FORWARD to Professorship in STEM: Inclusive Faculty Development Strategies That Work provides best practices on how to design and implement inclusive workshops aimed at supporting faculty and staff in their career development.
The book addresses fundamental skills and strategies to excel in academia, with a focus on assisting women and other underrepresented groups to succeed in obtaining tenure-track faculty positions, and in acquiring tenure.
Contributors from wide geographical, disciplinary, and career backgrounds offer their insights on challenges in academia, lessons learned, successes, and outcomes, with chapters devoted to tenure and beyond, collaborations and funding, impact on, and of, the deaf culture, and engaging differences.
- Offers insights from a variety of institutions, STEM disciplines, and backgrounds
- Contains valuable information on diversity, leadership, minorities, work-life satisfaction, and professional career development
- Provides best practices on how to design and implement inclusive workshops aimed at supporting faculty and staff in their career development
- Covers topics such as tenure and beyond, collaborations and funding, impact on, and of, the deaf culture, and engaging differences
- Provides specific avenues and processes for implementing inclusive professional development workshops
- Includes appendices on budgeting and programming examples
To view this DRM protected ebook on your desktop or laptop you will need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. It is a free software. We also strongly recommend that you sign up for an AdobeID at the Adobe website. For more details please see FAQ 1&2. To view this ebook on an iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device you will need the Adobe Digital Editions app, or BlueFire Reader or Txtr app. These are free, too. For more details see this article.
|Size: ||4.4 MB|
|Publisher: ||Academic Press|
|Date published: || 2015|
|ISBN: ||2370007193370 (DRM-EPUB)|
|Read Aloud: ||not allowed|